Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thank You Ocean



It's that time of the year to get stuffed, to celebrate how good we really have it. From what I can see, despite my myriad complaints and issues, I have it pretty good.

But let's talk about a gift for all of us. I'm thankful for the ocean -- ok that's kind of obvious.

Let's see, I'm thankful that the ocean gives delicious and healthy seafood. I'm thankful that the ocean provides over half the planet's oxygen and most of the freshwater.

I'm thankful that the ocean always provides raw beauty and, sometimes, breathtaking beauty.

I'm thankful that the ocean and all its fabulous creatures and vastness fills me full of wonder and awe. I'm thankful that the ocean seems to scrub my head and heart.

Really, I'm thankful that the ocean exists at all. Without it, I would not exist. It is my (and everyone's) true home in that sense.

These are gifts to be sure, so thanks are in store. Wouldn't want to take them for granted. Have a great holiday.

No comments: